All of our own-design products are individually made by hand in our studio in Great Ouseburn, North Yorkshire.
Each item is made with love and attention to detail to ensure a high-quality product that can be treasured for years to come.
We also stock products from a range of talented UK designers and makers all of which are made here in Britain.
Patchwork Pickle prides itself on its’ ethical outlook. We aim, wherever possible, to source our fabric and supplies from local businesses. Our studio is always striving to be as environmentally-friendly as possible; recycling and using recycled and biodegradable packaging where we can. We love animals! That’s why we try to ensure that all the products we stock are vegan-friendly.
Patchwork Pickle is passionate about looking after our environment and are striving to be a vegan-friendly company.
- Recycled brown board back envelopes to protect cards in the post.
- Eco paper biodegradable packing tape made from 100% recycled paper.
- Uk made green bubble wrap made from biodegradable polythene polymers.
- Tenzalope biodegradable film document envelopes.
- Uk-made recycled grey polythene mailing bags.
- Our compliment cards are made from 100% recycled card (which can then be recycled again- but we really hope they’ll be kept and passed on to friends!)
The majority of the packaging we use to send out our products is sourced from The Green Stationery Company, a family-run environmental business based in the UK.
- All the items we sell are, to the best of our knowledge, free from animal-derived ingredients. We never use animal’s wool, silk or leather in our own handmade textile products and we try to ensure all the other products we stock are vegan-friendly too.
- As far as possible, the fabrics and accessories we use for our own products are selected and bought in person at local, independent shops.
- The fragrant lavender used in our handmade lavender products is bought from the beautiful family-run lavender farm, Yorkshire Lavender, near York.
- We aim to support and promote UK businesses and designer-makers.
- All the products we sell have been designed and then made in the UK, whether they are handmade by one person or a company that started at a kitchen table and has now grown in size but still retains that unique personal touch.
- Our sweet teddy bears, hand-knitted by Jenny, have been lovingly made to raise money for Bliss, the charity for babies born premature or sick.
- We hope to be able to support more charities in the near future.